The Mission of the Council On Aging is to advocate for Groveland’s older adults, to identify their needs, to develop and implement services, to meet their health, economic, social, and cultural needs, to encourage maximum independence and to improve their quality of life.
The Council on Aging would like to recognize interim Director Lynne Stanton and Outreach Coordinator Maria Yagual.
Thank you both for you dedication to Groveland seniors. We wish you well in your new roles going forward.
Would you like to get involved with the community? Are seniors well being on the for front of your advocacy?
If so, we’d love to have you join!
The Groveland Council on Aging is seeking qualified candidates for 3 positions:
- A Full Time Director
- Part Time Outreach Coordinator.
- The Groveland Council on Aging Board is seeking members for the newly formed hiring committee.
To view detailed job descriptions click HERE.
For more information on the COA hiring committee position please contact: Laurel Puchalkski /COA Board Chair (978) 373-1858 firstname.lastname@example.org or Lawrence MacElhiney / COA Personnel Committee email@example.com
Please continue to check-in on your elderly friends and neighbors
If they need groceries or rides to medical appointments, call the COA. Help is always available. The COA continues to provide van rides to necessary medical appointments and offer food pantry delivery to elders in need once a week. Van transportation offered Monday – Thursday. Such care and kindness are what make Groveland a wonderful place to live!
Published and mailed to seniors (and others) every two months. Newsletters are FREE and funded by a grant from the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. “Save a Tree” and call the COA to be removed from the mailing list and access our “news” on this website!
Stay up-to-date on what’s happening with the Council on Aging:
The COA always welcomes caring (and discreet) individuals to assist us in reaching out to seniors. Areas of greatest need include:
- NEET drivers
- Friendly visitors
- Telephone reassurance callers
Location: Citizen Center in Haverhill at 10 Welcome St. Haverhill, MA 01830
1st dose, 2nd dose or booster vaccines (J&J, Moderna and Pfizer) for children and adults for month of February
- Fridays from 12pm – 7pm
- Sundays from 9am – 3pm
FREE Test Sites
- Walgreens (drive-thru by appointment) – 310 So. Main St. Haverhill. Call 800-925-4733
- Convenient Care (drive-thru and call ahead) – 35 Storey Ave., Newburyport MA. Call 978-225-6607
- AMVEST in Haverhill Tuesdays and Thursday from 1pm – 5pm, Haverhill AMVEST at 576 Primrose Street, Haverhill, MA 01830
The Town of Groveland is seeking a qualified on-call/as needed (may be up to 13 hrs/wk) Council on Aging Van Driver. The Van Driver is responsible for the necessary and affordable transportation to elders with no other means of transportation. Rides are primarily for medical treatment at hospitals, physicians’ offices and clinics. The driver will also transport elders to nutrition site, COA offices, social service centers, shopping, employment, recreational activities, and other scheduled appointments. Day trips, within 1-1/2 hours of Groveland, will also be scheduled. Ability to navigate Boston a plus. The driver may be asked to assist clients when necessary, in and out of vehicle and to and from their door. Hourly rate of pay is $14.54/hr and is not benefit eligible. Resumes or letters of interest will be reviewed as received. Position open until filled. Send letter of interest or resume to: Town Administrator, 183 Main Street, Groveland, MA 01834 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Phone notifications: Go to Town’s website (grovelandma.com) to sign up for alerts … especially if your household no longer has a landline. If this is difficult for you, CALL THE COA and we’ll get you set up!
New Scams abound over COVID-19. To report or if victimized – call 1-888-221-6023OR email FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint site www.IC3.gov
New – Legal Help
- New Elder Law Guide and Podcast available
- General information on Identification Theft and Fraud
- Social Security Administration online
- Massachusetts Elder Services
- Area Agency on Aging
- Internal Revenue Service
- Access America—general Federal website for seniors
- US Postal Service website
Medical Info and Health Insurance
- Info on cancer topics
- Mayo Clinic – Respected health topics
- Reliable info on medical conditions, disease and treatment
- Medicare coverage and general info
- National Library of Medicine—portal for medical publications
- Reliable info on drugs and medication
Reliable Senior Sites
- American Assoc. of Retired Persons (AARP)
- Interesting, reliable information for seniors
- Useful link for senior services
- Fun info for this “third” passage in life
- Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley