Town Government Study Committee to advise on establishing a town manager, administrator, coordinator, or executive secretary in accordance with M.G.L. Ch. 41, §23A.
Essential Functions of the Committee are:
- To produce data, information, and actionable steps for voters to evaluate the need for changing town government functions.
- To define the duties of said position; costs associated with the proposed change; and any other ancillary positions that may be required as a result of the change.
- To champion 7 public participation activities to lead the town to decide:
- Study group
- Informational meetings
- Annual Town Meeting
- Ballot question (if necessary)
- State House hearing
- Publicly available resources review